Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19)
Stay up to date about COVID-19 and AmeriHealth Caritas VIP Care Plus' response to the pandemic.
Visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's website to learn more about the illness and how to help stop its spread.
The FEMA/State of Michigan Ford Field COVID-19 Vaccine Clinic
The FEMA/State of Michigan Ford Field COVID-19 vaccine clinic registration is now open! There are three options to register for a vaccine:
- Register online.
- Text "EndCOVID" to 75049.
- Residents who don't have access to the internet or who need assistance navigating the vaccine registration process can call the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS) COVID-19 hotline at 1-888-535-6136 (press 1), Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., and Saturday and Sunday, 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Social gathering guidance
It's important to stay safe. You might feel safe while being with friends and family. But this could be a high-risk activity due to the spread of COVID-19.
- Avoid indoor social gatherings as much as possible.
- Meet outside whenever possible.
- Limit your gatherings to just your household or social pod.
- Review the following resources:
Create a safe social pod
The Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS) defines a safe social pod as a group of people who socialize only with each other. Are you with someone who is not in your pod? It is important to be sure that you follow social distancing guidelines. Pods let you see people outside of your household. Pods also lower the risk of spreading COVID-19.