Important Information Regarding COVID-19
AmeriHealth Caritas VIP Care Plus has been closely monitoring the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) for the latest information about coronavirus disease (COVID-19), and has been engaged in making the necessary plans based on guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). AmeriHealth Caritas VIP Care Plus recommends that providers follow CDC, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, and state-specific guidance with regard to COVID-19 evaluation, testing, diagnosis, treatment, and reporting.
AmeriHealth Caritas VIP Care Plus will cover all medically necessary services required to facilitate testing and treatment of COVID-19 for its eligible members, in accordance with federal and state guidance. No prior authorization is required for COVID-19 testing. Coronavirus testing codes follow:
- U0001: CDC 2019 Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) Real-Time RT-PCR Diagnostic Panel.
- U0002: Coronavirus (COVID-19) for non-CDC laboratory tests for SARS-CoV-2/2019.
- G2023: Specimen collection for severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) (Coronavirus disease [COVID-19]), any specimen source.
- G2024: Specimen collection for severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) (Coronavirus disease [COVID-19]), from an individual in a skilled nursing facility or by a laboratory on behalf of a home health agency, any specimen source.
CDC links for more information:
COVID-19 vaccine information
If you suspect you or a patient has COVID-19
The CDC instructs providers to consult with local or state health departments to determine whether patients meet criteria for a Persons Under Investigation (PUI). Providers should immediately notify infection control personnel at their facility if they suspect COVID-19 in a patient. Please notify your state or local health department if a patient is classified as a PUI for COVID-19.
Providers should report recognized exposures, regularly monitor themselves for fever and symptoms of respiratory infection, and not report to work when ill. Providers in low-, medium-, or high-risk exposure categories who develop signs or symptoms compatible with COVID-19 are strongly encouraged to contact their established point of contact (public health authorities or their facility's occupational health program) for medical evaluation prior to returning to work.
CDC links for more information:
- CDC: Healthcare Professionals: Frequently Asked Questions and Answers
- Interim U.S. Guidance for Risk Assessment and Public Health Management of Healthcare Personnel with Potential Exposure in a Healthcare Setting to Patients with Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19)
Access and availability to care — office closures and use of telehealth during the COVID-19 response period
AmeriHealth Caritas VIP Care Plus continues to monitor the latest information regarding COVID-19, and wants to help ensure that our members have access to care for their health care needs. To help accomplish that, we ask that any participating provider who will be closing their office for an extended period of time notify both AmeriHealth Caritas VIP Care Plus at 1-888-667-0318, and patients/members, and indicate whether virtual visits, telephonic consultation, and/or secure web portal consultation will be available during this period.
AmeriHealth Caritas VIP Care Plus covers telehealth visits for our members in accordance with state and federal policy. The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) has broadened access to Medicare telehealth services so that beneficiaries can receive a wider range of services from their providers without having to travel to a health care facility.
If your office plans to close or limit on-site visits and provide virtual, telephonic, or web-based support, please see updated guidance:
- Michigan Department of Health and Human Services COVID-19 Vaccine Information for Providers Talking Points. PDF
- Our recent notice. PDF
- Inpatient add-on notice. PDF
- CMS COVID-19 Partner Toolkit.
- CMS General Provider Telehealth and Telemedicine Tool Kit (PDF).
- CMS Medicare Telemedicine Health Care Provider Fact Sheet.
- US Department of Health and Human Services Office for Civil Rights Telehealth Guidance.
For more resources and guidance, please access the CDC COVID-19 homepage.
Part D prescription drugs update
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, please review the urgent message regarding actions taken by our plan for increased access to Part D prescription drugs: